Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?|] OK, SO I INSTALLED MY COLD AIR INTAKE AND NOW MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON ALL THE TIME. WHY IS THIS. AND IS THERE ANY THING I CAN DO ABOUT IT. DOSE IT REALLY MEAN ANYTHING?[?|]

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I am assuming you disconnected the battery to reset the ecu. The cai in and of itself should not throw a cel. I'd recheck everything, and make sure nothing else got disconnected, pierced, or otherwise. If everything appears ok, disconnect the battery, remove the cai, reinstall the stock airbox assembly, reconnect the battery, start it up and see if you still have the cel.

Beautiful car by the way....Cloud 03 ZTS.....

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
it will throw a cel if you didn't hook maf sensor hooked up. what kind of intake do you have. you have to incorporate the mafs into the intake in order to get the cel to go out. my 2 cents

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you hotrodwagon i did not reset it before, i did now and it shut the cel off thanks again!!![hihi] [wave] [headbang] [clap]

·
Registered
162 Posts
The same thing happened to me, and I even reset the computer 3 times, but my check engine light is always on. Nothin is wrong, so I ignore it

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
something is wrong if the light is on...it just doesn't go on for no reason...what intake.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
s2dude said:
The same thing happened to me, and I even reset the computer 3 times, but my check engine light is always on. Nothin is wrong, so I ignore it
Brilliant, like kickn said the light doesn't just come on because its bored!

Something is wrong somewhere.

Do they not send directions with these parts. It seems like once or twice a week there are threads about folks messing up parts install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts