Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I recently got a ST and with the holidays and my birthday coming up I'm feeling like spending a few hundred on myself and get some mods for my car.

What kind of Cold Air Intake are you guys using or recommend? I saw a nice video about the Green Filter but haven't reach much about others. Would love the input.

Also if there are any other level 1 or cheap mods that you would suggest that would be great. My budget would be $400 and under for my first round [:)]

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Cobb intake kit and Breedt Quick Shift Arm---$400 will be pretty-much gone. If you don't care about adding some cleanliness/style under hood, which the Cobb gives you, then just go with a high-flow air filter (Green, K&N). But definitely go with the Breedt arm--it's a mod that you will be able to enjoy every time you drive you car.
Also, check the BST sections of the ST Forums and see if you can pick-up a used cat-back exhaust.
Oh--and buy an AIRPORTAL from me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cobb intake kit and Breedt Quick Shift Arm---$400 will be pretty-much gone. If you don't care about adding some cleanliness/style under hood, which the Cobb gives you, then just go with a high-flow air filter (Green, K&N). But definitely go with the Breedt arm--it's a mod that you will be able to enjoy every time you drive you car.
Also, check the BST sections of the ST Forums and see if you can pick-up a used cat-back exhaust.
Oh--and buy an AIRPORTAL from me!
Thanks!

I ordered a green filter and plan to install it without the factory case, since all my mudguards under the engine are in place this should allow the filter for more air.

I'll will look into the short throw shifter you suggested :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
You're going to need to leave the factory air box in place in order to attach/support your Green filter, unless you got a "universal" instead of a "drop-in". If you got a universal, send it back and get the drop-in. If you feel that you "need" more air, take a look at what Rocket Science is doing over on focusst.org--he's manufacturing a snorkel similar to the FRRP one that's a really nice piece, I have one on order.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're going to need to leave the factory air box in place in order to attach/support your Green filter, unless you got a "universal" instead of a "drop-in". If you got a universal, send it back and get the drop-in. If you feel that you "need" more air, take a look at what Rocket Science is doing over on focusst.org--he's manufacturing a snorkel similar to the FRRP one that's a really nice piece, I have one on order.
This is what I ordered
https://www.greenfilterusa.com/store/7159

It doesn't specify universal anywhere so I think it must be the "drop-in" you mentioned. I should get it tomorrow [wrenchin]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts