Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about ordering a new coil. anyone have a brand suggestion? i keep seeing the screaming deamon with live wires, are they good or is MSD better? any input will help!

·
Registered
743 Posts
keep it stock!.....but if you want some pretty wires go a head

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
You really dont need an aftermarket coil with wires. The stock one works fine even
with forced incuction (turbo or super) Someone will chime in on this and agree with me
I personally have the MSD and it works great

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a screamin demon. To me it was a good upgrade, but the car did run ok on the stock coil and wires. My engine runs smoother with the screamin demon and there was a small fuel economy increase.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I FIGURED IT WOULDN'T MAKE A HUGE IMPROVMENT. BUT THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS FORUM, YOU CAN ASK ANYTHING AND SOMEONE HAS BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT.[thumb]

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
stock coil works fine for me[thumb] with FR wires & opened gap to .060

·
Registered
82 Posts
focusedaddiction said:
stock coil works fine for me[thumb] with FR wires & opened gap to .060
+1. Cheap and effective. And WAY cheaper than springing for a new coil too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have the FR wires. i opened my gap to .60 and got some wierd vibration and kind of a low RPM/idle stumble.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I gapped my plugs to .63 and the idle and freeway driving smoothed out a lot..
I dont know if that has anyting to do with me having the MSD coil and wires?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have the Screemon Deemon setup and I think its over rated. I would just go with the MSD stuff. I do believe that there is improvement to be made in that area though. I also have that the MSD DIS 2 and I really like that setup, but probly not for the car that doesnt have some serious mods

1 - 11 of 11 Posts