Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what brand is good for coil overs and are the coil overs from ebay good?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Are you taking about height adjustable coilovers? Stick with big names such as Bilstein, Tein, Koni, Sachs, Eibach, Apex, H&R, KW, etc. and you should be alright. Most ebay "non-brands" have proven to be pure junk. Many of the name brands are available as well but, as always, make sure you are buying from a reputable dealer/seller.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
go Vogtland, they are from Germany and they make some awesome products

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have H&R's on my '06 ZX3, I like them but they are quite stiff. I also have Tein's on my '03 SE-R, also very nice, but not quite as responsive. It might just be the larger car though. On my '84 GTi I have FK's. They are fantastic for the track but hell on the street. They are extremly harsh in daily driving. Again, it might be the car, it only weighs 1600 pounds.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
4-6" drops? Anything over 3" on a Focus is WAY overkill and not even useable. Most any coilover kit can achieve a 3" drop.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
^^^ I agree. Suspension travel is a good thing.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Egz said:
^^^ I agree. Suspension travel is a good thing.
and leaviong little bits of the car on the road as you drag it along is a bad thing. [:D]

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
usless it's for show ONLY there is no need to have that much drop

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea 4-6" is way to much, why would you want to be that low anyway. its not like your a 57 Cadillac on 12" inch 100 spoke rims, ARE YOU????

·
Registered
23 Posts
these are all daily driven this low.

note: none are cadillacs.

yes, it's more show than go, but sometimes thats the point. :)

so are there drops like this available? [}:)]

·
Registered
325 Posts
....and maybe one of the has a drop that low. Plus they are VW's. Do they have spindle drops for VW's? I think the Gold one might have air-bags.

·
Registered
23 Posts
not entirely sure about the last one, but 75% sure it isn't bags. believe me, that silver one is definitely down by five inches. :p both, actually! :D

so no "ultra low" coilover setups... you guys seem to be all performance. i ain't mad atcha.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
^^^ its not a matter of having to be performance, focis do not have a mile of tire well clearance.

a 2.5"-3" drop will put you sitting that low provided that you have like no tires. 3" will be about biggest that you could drive with on a focus, anymore that would require airbags.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm looking to tuck a little tire or more. so far, all the pics i've seen are just hitting the top of the tire... even in the suspension thread i've not seen any "slammed" foci...

this is the "lowest" i've seen to date. anything lower (without bodykits pretending to be lower)?? [???:)]

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
^^^ I believe that's frush's ride when he had the cup kit.

I've actually been thinking about the Eibach coil overs lately. I haven't heard of anybody on here that has them and I wonder if they would be a good compromise between performance and comfort (btw what eibach springs are included?)

·
Registered
304 Posts
That's a good question, I was wondering also if anyone has eibach adjustable coilovers.

Especially if they have any feedback on them ....

·
Registered
23 Posts
bump for more clarity...

looking for the lowest focus coils available...

although, now looking at the suspension itself, it may not happen... even with *gasp* stretched tires that kinda low may not be available... [bawling]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts