Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use, Nex Coilovers, KW Suspensions Coilovers, Tein Coilovers? any Ideas? Im sorta in the market. cost doesnt really matter. well, sorta, but throw me some coilover ideas out here.I have a 2002 SVTF

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
don't get the NEX.... those require serious modification to fit. Even then, I heard the install is terrible, and way not even worth the price... Like what? $600?
(BTW, by modification for fitment, I meant to say they require custom, lower control arms)

Save the money for H&R, or KW... or tein's...

If, I was going out looking for coilovers... I would put some serious consideration for the K-Sport coilovers.

I've never seen or heard of them installed on a focus, But they are big on manufacturing parts for honda, nissan, etc...

They include a top pillow mount...
Pic not for the Focus application, But similar to in quality and design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KSpo...ryZ33586QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
The Multimatic/FR coilovers are supposed to be spectacular, at an extremely good price.

And if cost doesn't matter, just go get some custom Motons or Ohlins. You're comfortable with spending more on the coilovers than the entire price of the car, right?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Foci_Fosho said:
don't get the NEX.... those require serious modification to fit. Even then, I heard the install is terrible, and way not even worth the price... Like what? $600?
(BTW, by modification for fitment, I meant to say they require custom, lower control arms)

Save the money for H&R, or KW... or tein's...

If, I was going out looking for coilovers... I would put some serious consideration for the K-Sport coilovers.

I've never seen or heard of them installed on a focus, But they are big on manufacturing parts for honda, nissan, etc...

They include a top pillow mount...
Pic not for the Focus application, But similar to in quality and design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KSpo...ryZ33586QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
does anyone make an application like that? the coilovers ive seen are like that for the front, but have the separate spring in the rear...

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would go with tein, and get the inboard control module to adjust while youre sitting in the car. Hawtness!

[thumb]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet thats bad ass, but ive heard that tein rides like crap on foci. i want to try the K-Sport's i think im going to..as soon as i have the money. Ive got like 600.

·
Registered
548 Posts
IMO If you plan on keeping the SVT awhile I go with the good/ H&R or FR KW's for around 1k or better/H&R PCS 1.5K or the best/variant 3 KW's which will set you back 1700. Call it what you will pricey/overkill, but the money (especialy insurance) I'v saved over the last 3 years (& counting) owning a svtf instead a wrx, vr6, rsxs, sti, or a evo I can justify spending that much on my suspension. Dollar for dollar I can run with any of those cars even with less than half of the aftermarket support they have.

·
Registered
696 Posts
02SVTsilverstreak said:
I bet thats bad ass, but ive heard that tein rides like crap on foci. i want to try the K-Sport's i think im going to..as soon as i have the money. Ive got like 600.

Tein rides like crap my @ss. Whoever told you that is a moron. Tein is probably one of the FINEST makes of suspension components in the world. Don't listen to some Jim Bean farmer who put cut springs on his car and a Tein sticker there for effect tell you otherwise. They'll probably tell you for every sticker on the car it adds 50hp too. [:D]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
tein's are a fine addition to any focus...
they will ride, sloppy and uncomfortable on stock shocks/struts that may as well be blown....

However, tein coil springs + aftermarket dampers do NOT ride like crap.
tein coilovers are also extremely good quality.
the EFDC module is also awesome, but unneccesary for the majority people...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
tein's are a fine addition to any focus...
they will ride, sloppy and uncomfortable on stock shocks/struts that may as well be blown....

However, tein coil springs + aftermarket dampers do NOT ride like crap.
tein coilovers are also extremely good quality.
the EFDC module is also awesome, but unneccesary for the majority people...

Unnecessary, but definately BAD @SS to have! [:D]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bot dop all coilovers for our cars have front coil mounted, with rear shock w/ adju7stable spring perch, or do some come spring on strut front and rear?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts