Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello

Mk1 wagon ghia 2.0 2002

Was looking for lowering, but all the shops overhere have only kits for the sedan/hatchback. Needle in a haystack i find one for the wagon but offcoarse triple the price.

Within the info it says doenst fit 2.0rs and wagon/turnier.

Anybody know if there is a big diffence in mounting, it really doesnt fit??? Or is it because of weigt isseu the springs are to weak when you load the car with more weight.

Why would they change the suspension for that model/year exept for stiffer spring in the back maybe.

The difference i can see is the axle load in the rear is 70kg more for the wagon

Thanks

Useful help is welkom

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
The wagon uses shocks and separate springs in back not coilover. To cover the wider range in load wagon can carry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wagon uses shocks and separate springs in back not coilover. To cover the wider range in load wagon can carry.
Yess i know what you mean, in my opinion the mountings are the same but the wagon has heavier spring come with it.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
The mountings are NOT the same, you need to fix that opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok my bad, thats why i am.here to get my answer. You are very wright, i got a mail from GAZ schocks england. The also say its different from the top side. So its clear now,

Top of the schock has a horizontal pipe in stead of a treaded piece that comes threu the body

1 - 5 of 5 Posts