Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
More time to redo it= E-Bay special's, or step-up to some desent one's & do it once & be done w/ it= K/W's ,H&R's ,Koni's. ST's are the same as K/W's but the strut body is gavanized Instead of stainless. FRPP's used to offer ST's. I beleive Jeg's or Summit has ST's, or Google ST coilover's!

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
2005.5 to 2007 h&r coilovers in the BST section jump on it!

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Gently used H&R's are your only choice, really, if you want real quality for cheap. Welcome to a platform with no selection of after-market parts.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Can anyone recommend good coilovers for an '07 focus that arent crazy expensive?

Some questions that help the recommendation process......1) How low do you want to go? 2) How stiff/firm of a ride do yoe want to tolerate? 3) How do you intend to use them? (primarily a daily driver, autocross, lapping, etc.) and 4) what do you consider crazy expensive?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Miles at Tirerack!

Your better off sticking to a known company= H&R, K/W, Eibach, Koni, Bilstein. If you want coilover's, your going to have to step up, if you want to play, & stay away from E-bay coilover's. That's like me looking for a $2000.00 turbo kit for my car. I beleive you can find H&R coilover's at Tirerack for $958.00, I beleive. I was going the coilover route, instead I went w/ a fixed platform instead. Check out H&R's sport cup kit=2.6/2.2 or so. Ask or E-mail Miles at Tirerack & also check out his site too. volume= low price's too, you know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
if you want airbag low on coilover get D2. if you want adjustability and ease of use get something other than D2. the front is stupid but the rear is pretty good. not thoroughly happy with it stupidness/design but its doing what it supposed to be doing. it stupid stiff and stupid low, but my setting at 6 clicks from lowest is working not too bad on soaking road bumps. DGR seems pretty good so far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen that that H&R Street-Performance Coil-overs are quite popular. Has anyone had a bad experience with them? Is the install straight-forward?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Haven't heard anything bad. I only heard of dgr-d2 having problems. But I do hear "I should have bought h&r" all the time tho. Its a company that is not going to disappear and is trusted. All of the fswerks street and race cars use h&r. So that tells u about the quality of the product.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts