Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZX3 and I purchased a set of coilover springs. They were cheap on ebay and I know you get what you pay for but I want to try them out to see if thats the way to go before I spend $1300 on a full coilover system.

The question I have is do I have to modify my struts in order to install the coilovers?? The set didnt come with any instructions and I called the dealer and they said to have a shop install them. I am a Do-it yourselfer and I have been working on cars for over 20 years so I dont need a shop to install them if I know the order the parts go. I have a pneumatic spring compressor and all the other necessary tools. I have replaced springs and struts numerous times before but this is my first adventure with coilovers. If any of you have advice I would appreciate it. Instructions on coilover assembly would also be cool if anyone knows where I might get them.

Thanx

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Use the search button.....This question has been answered and will be answered. Do research before asking questions.....don't want to be a moron with my answer but sometimes a general question like yours might have been answered.....

Peace...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vassili95 said:
This question has been answered and will be answered.
Point out where exactly this question has been answered.

vassili95 said:
Do research before asking questions.
If I hadnt done the research I wouldnt be asking the question. I have not found the information I was looking for. Is this what I should expect from "focus fanatics" members. An answer that tells me find your information somewhere else?? I was hoping that someone would have USEFUL information

vassili95 said:
I don't want to be a moron with my answer but sometimes a general question like yours might have been answered....
Or not......

I am not trying to be an ******* here but I have little time to waste, I was expecting serious answers. If you guys dont have the time to at least point me in the right direction I will go somewhere else. I heard this was the place to get info but maybe I was wrong???

·
Registered
12 Posts
oompa, did you find it yet? i was wondering the same thing. i got a set from ebay too the only diff is i have a four door. im currently looking for info too. let me know if you find it and ill let you know if i see anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts