Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got my ksport coilovers today and am looking to install tomorrow but have a question.. Is a spring compressor required to remove the stock springs? I looked on youtube for strut and spring replacement but only found videos with already broken springs so there was little to no tension on the strut.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
The fronts will come out in one piece, no compressor there. The rears will need an internal style spring compressor for you to remove them. You also have the option of unbolting the LCA and letting the spring drop out (support arm with jack while doing this.) I didnt go that route because i didnt want to deal with seized bolts, so compressor was easier.

they are free to rent for most part stores, I used this style:

(I had to use an impact socket as a spacer between those washer to be able to get the spring compressed enough to drop out) Always exercise caution when compressing springs, never have it pointed toward your face and wear protection!

installation of the Ksport rear springs is much easier and you probably wont need to use the spring compressor, want to guess why?

Install the spring and then bolt up the rear shock, should have plenty of room just by pushing down on the rear arm to get the spring in place, a friend pushing down will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts