Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some coilovers for my car. Since it snows here, I want to be able to adjust them to higher or lower depending on the weather. I was just wondering what were some good ones to get, how much they are, and where I can get them. I would probably spend up to $200-$400 for them, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Coilovers are trash, unless you go with one of the full kits which run around $1500+ for real race applications. Anything cheaper is junk and most of the time doesnt fit very well, bounces, and isnt completely even on all 4 wheels. I used to have coilovers before I switched to performance springs. No performance shop out here in CO reccomends coilovers, (and it snows a lot here) Just go with springs if you arent going to spend $1500, otherwise leave it stock. (I do fine here with springs in the snow)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, cool, thanks for the info, didnt know too much about them. Also: with your springs how much is the drop, and how much do they run? thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've heard good things about KW's Variants (1,2, and 3) though they cost between $1,000 and $1,500.

See them here

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I agree with fokuzsport, If you can't afford a quality adjustable coil over shock and spring set Ground Control is the way to go. Their kits are race proven, very high quality, and they've been in the business a long time. They have one option none of the other companies offer. If you order directly from them they are willing to substitute different spring weights or lengths in their packages. This means if you want adjustability but do not want a overly stiff spring they'll spec one with a softer ratio and one of the correct length for that adjustment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts