Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire is rubbing on the bottom of the coil itself and is balding the inside top of the tire. It's only rubbing when I hit a bump or a dip in the road, I'm not sure what to do. The tire dimensions are, 235 40Z R17 90W, they're sumitomo's and are quite new, any advice would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I hate saying this but that kind of thing happens when you get overzealous in tire sizing. Other than a narrower tire you don't have too many options. Stiffer springs may work but that may mean getting new shocks as well. Some fixes may cost as much or more than just replacing the tires. Sorry

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate saying this but that kind of thing happens when you get overzealous in tire sizing. Other than a narrower tire you don't have too many options. Stiffer springs may work but that may mean getting new shocks as well. Some fixes may cost as much or more than just replacing the tires. Sorry
Aw jeez I was afraid of that, the previous owner put them on, thanks for the help!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I ran 235/40zr17's on my car for almost 10k miles with no problem, except for a tiny little rub in the back that took all of 5 mins to fix.
What wheels are you using, and specs?

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
If you wanna keep them for now just get you some H & R wheel spacers. 5-10 mm should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts