Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plug that goes into the coil had a wire snap causing the car to throw a p0352 error. So now I have a plug and no idea how to get the wires loose so I can put it all back together.

Is there a way to open this thing up?

I apologize for the grainyness. Only have a phone cam to work with.

I have pried the blue part open but that does not seem to release those cables. To make matters worse, the wire that is green/black snapped off right inside the little grommet.

HALP!

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy this Ford part: 3U2Z-14S411-TNA or its after market equivalent.
It's the whole plastic connector and includes a length of wiring. It'll allow you to make a proper and long lasting repair.
The connector itself is not designed to come apart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do yourself a favour and buy this Ford part: 3U2Z-14S411-TNA or its after market equivalent.
It's the whole plastic connector and includes a length of wiring. It'll allow you to make a proper and long lasting repair.
The connector itself is not designed to come apart.
You rock sir.

Can you tell me one last thing? Wot exactly does that connector do and would it have been the cause of a p0352 error code... or is my coil still in need of replacing as well?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
As the old saw goes, fix the "obvious" first, then other problems will tend to go away....

Yup - it could cause the "code", and it's a common issue - that's why a "fix" is available....

Coil issues ARE a possibility, BUT if the connector to the coil is bad, all else is a "moot point"...

Luck!

P.S. - Got a Porsche in my garage, with a LONG list of things to fix for it's starting problem... the FIRST, KNOWN issue (bad fuel pressure check valve) fixed ALL the issues.... END of "long list".....

SO - Fix what you KNOW is wrong first, THEN see what problems remain....

The list will RAPIDLY get shorter.....

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Wot exactly does that connector do and would it have been the cause of a p0352 error code... or is my coil still in need of replacing as well?
A P0352 indicates a break or short in the ignition coil wiring usually as you've discovered. As sailor states, correct the connector wiring first; if the problem persists, then investigate the coil itself.

DTC specifics from Ford:

P0351 Through P0360 - Ignition Coil A through J Primary/ Secondary Circuit Malfunction
Each ignition primary circuit is continuously monitored. The test fails when the PCM does not receive a valid IDM pulse signal from the ignition module (integrated in PCM).
Possible causes:
Open or short in Ignition START/RUN circuit
Open coil driver circuit in harness
Coil driver circuit shorted to ground
Damaged coil
Damaged PCM
Coil driver circuit shorted to PWR

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys rock. Ordered part from Amazon and arrived today. 20 minutes later the SVTF is back to life AND I get to take the replacement coil back for refund. w00t!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the PO300, PO301, PO304, PO316, and later the PO351.

Thank goodness I checked this forum before I ran out and bought a coil pack. When I examined my wires closely, the coil pack harness wires were so corroded that a gentle nudge detached one of them.

Ordered the $30 harness from Amazon, soldered it in (kit includes heat shrink tubing), and the problem was solved without the need to replace anything else.

Saved a lot of time and money. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts