Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so just looking for some opinions on coil overs, looking for a set up for around $1000.....i can do the install so the budget is for parts only. wondering what you guys are running, i know ride quality is not something you really look for with coils but my car is all street, very occasional auto-x, full time DD. hard to get a good feel from pics on the web...thanks...

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Check out ST coilovers at tirerack. They are 1000ish, and are built by KW.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
trust me! go a little over and do it right... h&r... i wasn't a believer of doing it right the first time when i got my focus but i quickly learned the hard way...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^well now im interested in what happened...you cant leave us hanging like that

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
bought pro kit springs for cheap... blew out my stock struts/ shocks then bought used struts/shocks and those blew out also because they were old... then i gave up and just went dgr... after thinking about racelands for a long time...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I want PICS!!!! Ill def be looking into racelands. A friend bought them for his bimmer, checkz it out

Def going for looks over functionality. H&R, Ksport, Tein and other may perform better, but im not going to be hittin the auto X or any other road course like many other people who purchase big name brands

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
H&R, KW, Tein, or Koni.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That bimmer needs moar low!

And as for Coilovers, check out the H&R's thru FSWERKS: www.fswerks.com
Yeah thats what everyone keeps telling him, haha. I dont know what his plans are but it looked pretty good with 19in hammonds.

Anyway, does anyone have any input on the quality of racelands? How they feel and perform etc...I see the fronts drop as much as 100mm which is almost 4 in[wiggle] and the back 70 which is a lil more than 2.5..But it doesnt have any info on shock performance

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Why are you even talking about wastelands... Plus you cant get tech support from the us because they don't stock focus ones yet. Only the uk does

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
Read the budget coilovers setup thread I forget if it was on FF or fj but it was really helpful. If/when I go with coilovers I'm going to get h&r for unsurpassed quality. Never heard a bad thing about em other than rough but soft and coilovers is kinda an oxymoron.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why are you even talking about wastelands... Plus you cant get tech support from the us because they don't stock focus ones yet. Only the uk does
Because this is a 1)suspension topic, 2)not everyone with a lowered car hits a track every weekend to truly benefit from the super expensive setups, 3)people do buy them for other cars pretty regularly 4)and theyre are cheap set of coilovers??? So my question is why not?

Can you provide any examples of why they are a waste? besides no tech support?

I said input in quality, feel and performnce....so far ive heard/seen none

·
Registered
53 Posts
Read the budget coilovers setup thread I forget if it was on FF or fj but it was really helpful. If/when I go with coilovers I'm going to get h&r for unsurpassed quality. Never heard a bad thing about em other than rough but soft and coilovers is kinda an oxymoron.
You posted a few before, so i wasn't including you. Ill look for this thread and hopefully come up with solid information.

But i agree i dont want soft, especially when im an in from the ground[8D], if thats the way racelands perfrom, like a stock shock, they i may not get them, or not go as low as i want...at max mayb 2.5 all the way around but i still want my car to handle like its on rails so....well see

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
If your going to do it step-up & do it. Don't go cheap here, unless you need some pull apart suspension exerice & dropping some cashola, where you could have stepped up to begin with! Hit up ''Miles'' @ Tirerack!

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
H&Rs through TireRack, $160 cheaper than through FSWerks and cheaper shipping too.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
If your going to do it step-up & do it. Don't go cheap here, unless you need some pull apart suspension exerice & dropping some cashola, where you could have stepped up to begin with! Hit up ''Miles'' @ Tirerack!
Depends how "cheap" he goes. Racelands are fine. I have yet to hear any bad news regarding quality. Drunkyoda had bad luck with his suspension setups, BUT he bought his stuff USED. Of course if your going to buy something used its not going to last, thats a given. The only bad thing ive seen on this forum regarding eibach was the ones that were rusted and broke, but that can be prevented as well. So if theres any factual information ragarding longeveity or quality of parts or anything. Plz post for us all to see

Now if he goes cheap as in ebay no name coil overs, then needless to say, he and those driving in a 4 lane radius are screwed. Ive seen broken ebay no name coilovers.

So OP you dont even have to listen to me, all im saying is use wisdom, research, and your personal choice in choosing your setup.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts