Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i learn that if u change the plugs and the wire isnt all the way plugs in and u start it .. like today on my number one plugs wire .. ur coil DIES ! i had to buy a 100 coil from napa to get my car running again while changing the plugs

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Nah, something else happened. Did you unplug the coil wires themselves. Or accidentally pull on the pig tail that plugs in. Or it was just a coincidence that the coil took a crap right then. But running it with a plug wire off wont kill it. A lot of guys , check for spark this way. ( not with the spark plug out of the head)
Use a spare plug.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know ive done it hundreds of time ive built a good 4 motors now i know what im doing but yeah just the one channel on the coil died .. i checked it with my spark plug tester all worked but the channel that wasnt pluged in right .. .. but the car was running really slow and gett bad mpg sense i bought it so maybe the coil was already crapping out !

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yup. That would be my guess. Just a coincidence . Coil was on its way out. And you pushed it over the edge. LOL Murderer !![gunfire]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got the car yesterday . its an 02 wagon with 89k in amazing condition paid 2k cus its got alil dent in the subframe so im a replace it ...
im the mechanic for the lil old lady its got new hoses and t start housing and new rims and tint and all new ac parts ! ..

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Nice !!! How come I never come across deals like this. Its in great shape. And if the dent in the sub doesnt effect anything, I wouldnt even worry about it. You could drive that 2k $ car for a long time. Good Luck with it...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the dents just at the passenger a arm for the suspention its alil torn and mess the alil ment up alil bit .. so idk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts