Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. Genius girlfriend spilled 3 cups of 7-11 coffee on her legs/my passenger seat/passenger floor. How do I get this out? I'm super super pissed, as this trashed my ipod, a few chargers, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
more than likely your local auto store will have something specifically for autmotive interiors. I don't understand why carpet stain remover wouldn't work on your floors...

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I'd try one of those Prestone Interior cleaners or whatever.

Or my local grocery store has these little yellow bottles in the cleaner aisle, they say things like Rust or Blood or stuff like that on them, they're stain removers. Can't remember who makes them, could be worth a try, I think they make Coffee.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I think any good carpet stain/spot remover would work fine, whether it's for home or auto. Coffee isn't as tough to get out as say some oil-based stains would be. Good luck, let us know how it comes out.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Relax it was a joke. My first worry was her, then my ipod/carpet/seats.

I've been in this relationship for 5 years, I think I can talk a little shit about my girlfriend [thumb] Who knows what she says about me to her friends [hihi]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sorry... bit of a sore spot for me ;) My sister was in a bad relationship like that, so i get my hackles raised whenever i hear anything close.

Did you get the stain out?

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was last night, going to WalMart today to get the cleaning stuff.

No problems about what you said though [thumb][:D]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
shouldn't have any problems getting it out. I've spilled coffee in my focus before and it cleaned right up... and i have parchment colored carpeting.

BTW, while you're there, might want to invest in some heavy duty rubber mats. I bought mine and they're great for keeping the focus floor free of mud and grime... especially in the winter!

·
Registered
756 Posts
To "remove" the coffee, you will need to use a HWE (hot water extractor), otherwise, even though it may look clean, you are just pushing the stain and coffee deeper into the carpet.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I spilled coffe in my car last week. Hot water and strong concentration of woollite took it right out. That stuff is the best for tough dirt on any fabric

·
Registered
29 Posts
DO NOT get rubber ugly ass mats. imho they ruin the car. woolite heavy traffic has worked for me, and it a very easy application. I would also suggest just getting new mats, coffee is a bitch. and yea hot water extractor.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
They ruin the car?

Meh.

Sorry, but up in Michigan (and with kids in the back seat) those mats are a necessity. If I didn't have heavy duty rubber mats my carpeting would be SOAKED with water, salt, and road grime in the winter. No matter how well you try to clean off your boots, a lot of snow comes with you. I'd much rather have ugly rubber mats and pristine carpeting underneath.

Besides, mine match my car and I don't think they're ugly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i love me some ugly ass rubber mats. in snow country, they are nigh indespensible. plus, they smell like tires. i love the smell of tire air.

·
Registered
109 Posts
are you guys retarded?

use oxiclean

its awesome - i used it on my svtf seat from spilt coffee - it worked amazingly

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took a 3 year old coffee stain out of a blue seat in a toyota pick up with 1Lifter carpet stain remover. That stuff is freakin awesome, I have removed hair dye, grease/oil and a whole lot of other stuff with it. You can pick it up at O'Reilleys for about 3 or 4 bucks a can. Light blue colored can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts