Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when driving home from work, my check engine light came on stayed on solid. It was on again today, so I went to AutoZone and borrowed their code scanner. However, when trying to use the code scanner, it kept telling me that it wasn't able to link. I tried with the engine off no key in the ignition, with the engine of and they key in the "On" position, and with the engine running, but got the same result. Also tried with a different scanner (presumeably, as AutoZone had two scanners, but both were the same model). I have the Focus SE 2.3L Duratec (PZEV) Sedan.

What would prevent the scanner from linking and reading the code?

·
Registered
147 Posts
get another one...i work at autozone, and customers often break them....make sure that the ports are clean...and is it the orange one? or is it the blue and purple one....just check back and update me.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Maybe it wasn't updated for the 2.3 yet, usually its with key on, engine off. Just so you know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both ones I they had were orange. I've used them before (on a different vehicle) and they've worked fine, but I have heard people complain about them being broken by customers, so it's possible that waas the case. I'm going to try a different AutoZone I've used before, but I know they also have the orange tester.

Thank you for the confirmation though of key on engine off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts