Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ran over a stump about a month ago and broke the biggest plastic tube that runs underneath. just today i got a check engine light and its for a vaccum leak. what is this tube and is it the reason for the light ? thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its the evap. emmisions system. The tube carries gas vapors up to the engine to be burned. When i got my fuel filter changed they didnt put mine back together tight enough to it came apart and the CEL came on. Got under and fixed it, all good now.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the evap. emmisions system. The tube carries gas vapors up to the engine to be burned. When i got my fuel filter changed they didnt put mine back together tight enough to it came apart and the CEL came on. Got under and fixed it, all good now.
thats what i thought thanks. looks like ill have to get one from a junkyard. kinda weird a month later the light finally comes on. i hit the stump so hard it put a huge dent in the floor behind the passenger front seat and bent the pinchweld , unhooked the ebrake cable from its holder AND pull the stump completley out of the ground. i love my focus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts