Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 hours I got my new DC 270 amp alternator in. Nothing is ever easy for me so of course now the battery light comes on and throwing a P0620 code..

Plus voltage drop is worse now.

WTF!?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Check the F10--10 amp fuse in the underhood fusebox man. That's for the MkI sorry but, someone else can use the info in the future.

See, next post for the MkII

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuse was good. I pulled it out while running and it made no difference in voltage.[???:)]

Cold voltage this morning was 15.0 volts..

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Do you have a tuner?

The ECU regulates the voltage in our cars and can be adjusted through the tune.

It may be the ECU trippin out and sending a code.

Plus, have you called DC Power's tech support?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought the DC Power 270XP as well and installed it around the end of April 2011 in my car and have not once had any issue with it still to this date! Mine did not look anything like the one you have though. They may have just upgraded some things and made it look a little better but it should work flawlessly. I literally installed it and have not ever had to deal with it again and it's going on 60k+ miles on the alternator. I installed it with around 5k miles and I have right around 68k miles now. I would definitely call them because something isn't right. When I ordered mine they didn't have the option to select "2011" from the menu but as you know any from 2008-2011 are a direct drop in as well as others. I had chose the "2010" option and never had an issue. Not sure if that's even relevant at all but give them a call!

Link to my video showing my 270XP next to my stock alt:
http://youtu.be/OnGZjxKtHiI

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They sent me the 3 prong plug for the alt. Got it today. I'll try to pull the alt asap and put the new plug in it(internal plug). Hopefully that works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts