Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and Ford Focuses so please excuse any of my newbie mistakes! I have owned Fords for years, I currently have a '94 F250 and a '91 Explorer, but I am new to the Focus and OBD II.

I have been doing some work for a friend on his 2001 Focus 4-Door with the 2.0L DOHC. We ran the codes and it came up with one relating to the IAT sensor. I fixed a couple of other things for him (a vacuum leak or two) and it is still suffering from an IAT problem according to the Schucks scanner we used.

The question is: where is this sensor located and where can a replacement be purchased? Schucks did not list the part. Besides a sensor that is bad, what else could cause this problem? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The IAT sensor is incorperated into the MAF (mass air flow sensor.) All OBDII ford vehicles that utilize a 6-wire mass air flow sensor have a combined MAF/IAT, 4-wire MAF sensors have a seperate IAT.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
you either need to clean the MAF or replace it :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hello chris_j, welcome to the FF forums! there is a lot of knowledge here and a lot of foci guru's. hope you find the info that your looking for.

IMO, like feral said, try cleaning it with some MAF cleaner or repalce it. just my $.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts