Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was on my way to work and my car just died while i was driving (70mph ish). So i stopped, started the car and went off. So this happened 5-7 times b4 i got to work. So after work i turn my car on and i get a P0320 code. Ive looked it up and it said either the wires or the crank position sensor. I looked at the wires and their fine. So i must be the sensor? If it it where is it located.

Also im missing the heatshield that sits on the headers, can someone point me where to buy a new one?

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the sensor and it didnt fix the problem. Any ideas what else it is?

·
Registered
497 Posts
It's a CKP sensor signal code. If it isn't the sensor the most likely cause is a wiring connection that is loose, the wiring harness chaffing on something or RFI from a bad ignition component, alternator or aftermarket electronic device corrupting the signal. Although crank endplay on these motors will cause the engine to stall because the sensor can't pick up the signal from the trigger wheel if the crank moves too much front/back it shouldn't set a P0320 but endplay is still something I'd check if I where you.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So what should I do?

If it helps at all, this dosnt happen until 10-15 min of driving. And before it shuts off the battery lights flashes and then it starts to lose power and dies. Then when i start it back up i can feel im not getting all my power.

·
Registered
497 Posts
So what should I do?

If it helps at all, this dosnt happen until 10-15 min of driving. And before it shuts off the battery lights flashes and then it starts to lose power and dies. Then when i start it back up i can feel im not getting all my power.
It's a tough call and really the only right way to go about resolving this issue is to have a pro drive it, experience it, get some data when it happens and go from there. Sounds like RFI with the battery light flashing and all but nobody can be certain until they get their paws on it.

Take it to a dealer or a really well-known independent. Don't pay for anything that doesn't fix it and don't let them replace 12 different parts to resolve what seems to be one single issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
let me know if this helps and if you need a different page..

this is a diagnostic chart for an intermittent code p0320... i have a flow chart for testing the CKP sensor and connector.. which i added to the bottom just encase you need .

(any words blocked in blue is a link in the program i use let me know if you want me to post the image for the link you want..)

TESTING YOU CKP Sensor and connector..

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts