Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all...

Can anybody give me some information regarding the performance/quality of the lowering springs from Cobra?

When it comes to quality springs in South Africa, majority of guys are running either Eibach or H&R. Performance/handling vital and therefore more important than the drop/stance, to me.

I recently came across Cobra and they are available in South Africa at a slightly lower price range than the aforementioned two products.

http://www.cobra-suspension.com/en/

Many thanks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Never heard of them, doesn't mean they're not good thou.....Wheres everyone has heard of Eibach & H&R....What dampers would you run? Koni yellows or Bilstein?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure... The biggest issue here in South Africa is to find the parts. Availability of decent aftermarket parts for the Focus ST is a nightmare here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my concern. They seem like a decent product and company based on my research, but they don't seem to be used much outside of the racing fraternity.

They are only slightly cheaper than the Eibach springs in SA and the H&R are the most expensive here, from what I know...

Got a decision to make here... Do I play guinea pig and give them a try or go with what I know works?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now, I'm thinking of just going with the Eibach Pro Kit... Tried, tested and fairly well priced.

Also, the Eibach agent is only about 3 hours away drive time... Roughly 200 miles away if I really wanted to go on a road trip.

Else getting them to me via courier would probably work out cheapest of the 3 options as well.

·
So mote be it
8,908 Posts
Right now, I'm thinking of just going with the Eibach Pro Kit... Tried, tested and fairly well priced.

Also, the Eibach agent is only about 3 hours away drive time... Roughly 200 miles away if I really wanted to go on a road trip.

Else getting them to me via courier would probably work out cheapest of the 3 options as well.
i would say this is probably the best. If you spend money on the cobra ones and then they suck or dont perform to your standards, you will be out the time and money. Stick with a company where you know you can reach the agent and the parts have a good reputation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses, gents. I have emailed Eibach in SA for pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts