Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set at a swap meet for real cheap and thinking about putting them on my focus. Just wondering any ideas on placement or would it just be to corny?

·
Registered
64 Posts
IMHO it's corny, it's kind of an... It's like putting am ST badge on your car, they'll fit, but they would look wrong, right? Also, I see you getting looooots of slack from people who own actual cobras.. Just my $.02

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,207 Posts
I'm a Mustang guy and people get flamed when they put them on V6 and GT Mustangs, so don't put them on a Focus. I can foresee someone posting a candid pic of your car on a Mustang forum if you stick them on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well glad I asked lol still learning what's legal with American tuner cars used to American muscle like dads chevelle lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So would getting an svt front bumper bc I like the way they look be taboo as well?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Don't worry what other people think, it's your car.

They aren't going to build their cars according to your wishes, don't build your's according to their wishes.

Unless I put a V8 in it, I wouldn't personally put cobra badges on a Focus.
I would do a SVT conversion, or any other factory style option added a few years too late by the current owner of a base model.

My Chevelle has half the SS emblems on it, I omitted the ones I don't like.
I also added the SS drivetrain and suspension package to it 20 yrs ago when I was in high school, I couldn't afford a real SS then.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
an emlem is like naming it. if you put an emblem that says cobra your saying its a cobra when its not. but if you where to swap out the engine and trans from a cobra you could do it and it will get people asking why and that when you pop the hood.

·
Registered
140 Posts
that's like this one college kid in my apartment complex who put a Nissan GT-R emblem on his 1996 ford mustang gt. he went to this car meet i go to,and the people there just bagged him for it. I can understand putting a cobra on it, but a GT-R come on. just leave your car the way it is or take the emblems off. some people are more noticed by taking them off, and there rides tend to get more street credit. don't know why,I always thought if you took off the emblems then you were embarrassed by your ride,but that's what they do. It's your choice though. make it the way you want to,and make it beautiful.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Royce love your Sig lol

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
I personally like the clean no badge look.

I have an SVT front bumper on my car and have a rear bumper waiting to get painted and installed. Gives the car a cleaner look IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts