Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not the ST, but that makes sense as it's not in production yet. Here she is!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Get rid of the tow hook and then BOING! Sweet color, sweet body kit. Not digging the dumb hook. I know they serve a good purpose but it would never appear on my car.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I want.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get rid of the tow hook and then BOING! Sweet color, sweet body kit. Not digging the dumb hook. I know they serve a good purpose but it would never appear on my car.
When you're a company like Cobb, and you build track cars and race-ready aftermarket parts, function comes before form. Don't get me wrong, Cobb knows how to dress up a car, but function first!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also... lot of their facebook fans thought this was an Audi front end! Someone thought FT-86, and a few people thought it was an ST too, made me laugh!

·
Registered
188 Posts
See im one of the those who like all the little nic nacs on their car like the tow hook and stuff gives the car more detail to it plus it works

·
Registered
343 Posts
I wanna know if cobb will offer accesports for both st and N/A foci.

I have good hopes that with a few mods this engine will do quite a bit of power, though nothing like a stock ST

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wanna know if cobb will offer accesports for both st and N/A foci.

I have good hopes that with a few mods this engine will do quite a bit of power, though nothing like a stock ST
If the ECU is similar then I would imagine so. The same model AP is used for the Mazdapeed 6, and both generation Speed 3's, you just have to be sure you're using the correct maps..

If the Focus is similar in that the ECUs are the same but programmed differently from the factory, then it's a safe bet that the AP will be released for both, although Cobb probably doesn't have any plans for the n/a engine.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If the ECU is similar then I would imagine so. The same model AP is used for the Mazdapeed 6, and both generation Speed 3's, you just have to be sure you're using the correct maps..
Actually the MS3 (Mitsubishi ECU) and the MS6 (Denso ECU) are very different. What they have in common (as all newer cars) is the CAN bus.

In theory, Cobb could make one AccessPort that works in dozens of different cars.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually the MS3 (Mitsubishi ECU) and the MS6 (Denso ECU) are very different. What they have in common (as all newer cars) is the CAN bus.

In theory, Cobb could make one AccessPort that works in dozens of different cars.
I stand corrected. I never read much into it beyond that the AP was the same for each (AP-MAZ-002) and just used different maps. That being the case, then you're absolutely correct. The problems with each car are the parameters Cobb can or cannot unlock. The MS3 has vast options now, many many more than when the AP was originally introduced for it. Before it was a great tuning tool, but now it surpasses even the standalone piggyback units produced for the car, by a longshot.

If Cobb can do that with the Focus ST, than there's no telling what it's going to do for the car... it's already making gobs of power with the MS3, even lightly modified.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If Cobb can do that with the Focus ST, than there's no telling what it's going to do for the car... it's already making gobs of power with the MS3, even lightly modified.
Is the Focus/Focus ST the first Ford that they will be working on?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Probably a stupid question but:

Is SEMA an event to show off upcoming aftermarket parts? I've seen more than a few things I'd like on my car, and can only hope and dream that they'll be available shortly after.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It looks good and I can't wait to see the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Probably a stupid question but:

Is SEMA an event to show off upcoming aftermarket parts? I've seen more than a few things I'd like on my car, and can only hope and dream that they'll be available shortly after.
Pretty much. Companies show off the possible advances of the platform at SEMA. Normally they're one-off modifications just to show the possibilities but sometimes the companies will put some form of the products into production.

Depends on the feedback.

And yes this I believe is the first car Cobb is working on. They've apparently mentioned before that they wouldn't give the Focus a second look until they had a GDI version. Now we have a GDI version and an upcoming turbo GDI version. w00t!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Um Carbon Hood! Yes! Carbon Lower Front.... YES! Ohhhh please cobbb please!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts