Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum and new to the focus. Im looking into getting some cobb equipment for my 2014 focus st. I do have a few questions and sorry if this is in the wrong thread area still getting use to this. I want to put in a cobb cold air intake how ever i noticed that with the intake kit is comes with tubing, but if i get the stage 1 kit it only comes with the air filter. Is the tubing necessary, or help in any way. Also if installed do I need to tune it? With the stage 1 kit it comes with a AP so i can tune but just the intake kit its self doesn't come with one.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Focus ST Ecoboost performance section

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum and new to the focus. Im looking into getting some cobb equipment for my 2014 focus st. I do have a few questions and sorry if this is in the wrong thread area still getting use to this. I want to put in a cobb cold air intake how ever i noticed that with the intake kit is comes with tubing, but if i get the stage 1 kit it only comes with the air filter. Is the tubing necessary, or help in any way. Also if installed do I need to tune it? With the stage 1 kit it comes with a AP so i can tune but just the intake kit its self doesn't come with one.
Thanks
Hardware Requirements: Stage1 - Otherwise stock vehicle with the following modifications*:
 Intake Requirements: Stock airbox with stock/COBB air filter, or COBB intake system Exhaust requirements: Stock exhaust, or COBB catback exhaust system
https://cobb.app.box.com/focus-st-map-notes

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accesspor....htm#/v/accessport/maps/ford/USDM-13-14-Focus

The Stage 1 tune is for stock cars with a high flow drop in filter or the intake kit, and with a stock or modified cat back exhaust.

The tubing will provide additional air flow v.s. just the filter to the turbo, but it's not strictly necessary for stage one calibration.

Generally for any performance gains on these speed density based cars you will need to recalibrate as they are quite resilient to modifications as they don't work on air flow but rather manifold pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts