Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and came up empty. There's a jetter who recently installed this British company's headwork/camshaft package, I'm gonna PM him to see how he liked it, but does anybody know anything about the service? I sent an email asking for information on their ST170 job, they want 750GBP for the package (plus what appears to be a core charge for the cylinder head), which in the current climate is around $1400. Thow in a large lump for shipping as well, but depending on the results this may well be a viable alternative to a JRSC, the domestic market for the SVT kinda tops out in NA, well, with a test pipe and a UDP.

I suppose chances are the a supercharger works out to be better power:money, but if its close, there's just something appealing to me about NA power.

Opinions? I'll post back with what info I get from them when they reply.

Linky

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post. I cant even edit the blank one, could a Mod delete please?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose this would be the case. A factor perhaps worth considering is that the process is much more commonplace in the UK, which would perhaps matter more with their camshafts, they would've had the opportunity to research the results and develop the design.

Now that you mention it I think B16 said he was working on an NA build, I'll drop him a PM to ask how its going for him.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I have nothing against the British and their abilities with this motor. I have a set of Kent cams (for when I was NA) and I swear by them.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
take a look at central florida motorsports. they are working on a cnc svt head that you might want to look at.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I hope CFM starts work on some cams too. That would be nice.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have an email out on their cams. Depending on what they come back and tell me for details, I may post it up in a new thread, cause it'd be significant news. Their ST170's with the headwork and cams, dyno tuned, apparently turn over 220+whp, and them's JRSC BBK numbers.

But we shall see. I'm asking for dynos and prices. Cam and flow specs can be found at the site with a little digging, but I cant read cam profiles (yet..)

·
FF Affiliate
30,979 Posts
You wont see 220 on 93 octane fuel , upper 180`s to mid 190`s i can see tho

I have a nice SVT P&P head as well as some cams to be tested but the Cams cost so much because of cores i didnt go further then having 1 set made that have been on the shelf for about 8 months now

If you can get a Ported head with larger stainless valves and cams for 1400.00 then you better jump on it , add in the VCT Elim i have and do 2 Adj cam gears , 3 inch Exh you your ready to go NA

Tom

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom, I'll most likely work my N/A dreams through you, or at least Stateside. I'm pending a response from the dude on FJ who got their package deal, which might end up being a better deal, but these chaps in the UK want over a grand for the cams springs and related necessary items. That, and when I asked for a dyno chart they faxed me a couple barely legible graphs for, and I have to guess, a couple blown ST170's, a stock one, and one with something done to it; perhaps I was supposed to assume that was their NA example.

You, however, have an outstanding reputation and I trust your cams will end up being a better deal, waiting a while is no object.

·
FF Affiliate
30,979 Posts
These cams i have are BIG there going to be for some one wanting to play between 3000 and 8000 with good compression 3 inch Exh and i would like to see a FR intake on it

These cams wouldnt be for the faint at heart

I have this set here now and im doing no further testing with them other then tuning them when or if some one wants me to tune them , Ill take 450 for the set new in the Crane box

Tom

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have this package and must say even as it is not in pefrect condition due to UPS it is AWESOME! Well worth the money.

It has very aggressive cams for N/A that I asked for.

·
FF Affiliate
30,979 Posts
Why you could of got that here in the US , arnt we sending enough crap overseas that we dont need to go there for car parts

That would be like watching russa play baseball

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts