Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clutch went

I was driving last night (at about oh, 2:30 in the morning) and my focus started to hang revs REALLY bad. Like no bodies business.
So I was thinking to myself as I was about to pull on the interstate, "hmm that must be the" *SNAP*.
And my baby loses all power. I was like "Damnit"...
So I pulled it off the road, making sure it wasn't the belt or anything gay like that, and after I made sure everything was fine, I called my dad and had him come pick me up.

And btw, thrown clutch has got to be the most rank smell in the world.
Just fyi.

So comments, and suggetsions for replacements are welcome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you'll notice a smell when you rev, and it can be but not alwyas will be, griding prior to it. Then there the really tell tale sign, when you can mash the accelerator in 3rd gear up hill and it revs up...(now don't get me wrong, it's badass as hell to see the engine do that..But it's gonna go soon) and actually gets power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
man i been there i raced a guy in a chevy truck n then ithe day i was running down this bypass go to shift into 4th n nothing so when i replaced i went with a spec stage 3 from cfm runs good now but i dont no some people dont like spec too much n i really never had any problem with mine

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is that stage 3 pretty smooth for letoff?I am looking at clutch replacement soon and am considering the 3 or the Centerforce.I have used Centerforce on other cars and really like them,but I am considering FI soon so the best bet would be the 3.I'm just not sure how the 3 will be for regular driving.Is it heavy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts