Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference in a clutch disc with springs and one without?? Would a 4 or 6 puck disc be good for a daily driver?? How come you can't resurface the stock flywheel?? I keep being told to use a Fidanza flywheel, then i also hear it's not what you want for a daily driver??[dunno]

Guess this thread should have been questions...LOL Also what is that chatter i hear sometimes when i let off the clutch and the car is out of gear?? AND How come when going to another set-up other than stock i hear it gets worse??

Also i heard that some flywheels require you to get a larger bell-housing...well the kit from Ford...Has this happened to you?????

I just hit 80,000 miles and i would like to know when i spend my $1000 for all this will it last for 100,000+ miles under normal driving????

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Yes no aftermarket clutch will work with the stock flywheel. Are tranny's have what they call clutch chatter. The vibration of the car creates a chatter noise between the clutch and flywheel, dont ask me why it just happens.....

Fidanza is the best IMO.
You dont need the pucks unless your 300+ and dropping the clutch at every light.
Just get a Clutchmasters Stage 1 or 2 with Fidanza flywheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts