Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does anyone know when Ford came out with the newer clutch pack and seals? I bought a 2013 SE with 22kmiles on it.... I'm not sure if it has the latest clutches/seals. Looking into it but in the meantime I've been unsuccessful on my internet search about these "new" clutches... and has anyone experienced issues with them?

·
Registered
89 Posts
seals

From what I was told by my dealer if the car was built after mid July 2013 it would have the "new and revised" seals and software.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What I can tell you is, Ford recently upgraded my clutch pack (Rev F) and I'm still having issues with my car shaking violently, shuddering, and lurching forward. COMPLETE FAIL! The car is unsafe to drive. My wife won't drive it and the kids aren't allowed to ride in it either.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
What I can tell you is, Ford recently upgraded my clutch pack (Rev F) and I'm still having issues with my car shaking violently, shuddering, and lurching forward. COMPLETE FAIL! The car is unsafe to drive. My wife won't drive it and the kids aren't allowed to ride in it either.
And what exactly is the dealer's response when they observe that your car is shaking violently?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm still convinced it is a software issue & not a mechnical or design defect...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It very well could be. I began driving in "S" Mode 24/7 (city, highway, hills, you name it) I've been shifting at around 3k and have experienced no shutter at all this week so far.... (started on Monday) Shifting at a higher rpm seems to have smoothed out the drive so far.... as it had typically seemed to start shuttering just below 2k when in "D" Mode.... so I've been trying to combat that by using sport mide and keeping it above 2k.... the results have been good so far... smoother ride at the expense of some mpg which honestly, at this point, i could care less about with this car lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I did a little experiment the other day (thanks to the Ford mecanic here). Try this.

From a complete stop, press the gas pedal at maximum and reach about 120km/h (when you are in sixth gear). Slowly stop. Do that 5 times.

The shutter will be mostly be gone for a while after that. You'll see that the car shift way faster also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts