Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i placed sopmething behind my clutch so i dont hav eto press it in so far. now i only have to press it down about an inch. i was wondering if that is bad for it? will that cause and premature ware on any parts or is it fine

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
you put something in the bellhousing? That sounds like a VERY BAD THING and a good way to blow up a clutch/flywheel.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
you don't want the clutch to go all the way in because you think it will slow down your shifting or are there other reasons?

Clutch is designed to go all the way in. It's just supposed to do that. Common sense says that it is a bad thing indeed, but I don't know which part will it damage the most and how bad.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If there is no "free play" the clutch release bearing will be constantly engaged and will wear out prematurely. If there is enough pressure that the pressure plate springs are partly engaged, the clutch will slip excessively causing it to overheat and glaze resulting in premature replacement of all related parts. Your warrantee will not cover a failure caused thusly.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
why?

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah why? if you hate the pedal feel that much, get an aftermarket clutch (i have heard that this completely changes the pedal feel/location of engagement/disengagement

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[:)][:)][:)][:)] auomatics i just dont like how theres so much play i hate feather clutches i like the feel of a nice heavy v-8 clutch u let out and it grabs the foci u let out and out and out and out and out some more then it takes. the svt is nice too i like that clutch

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
never thought about my clutch like that but unless you get a aftermarket clutch I agree to leave it alone to keep it from wearing out prematurly

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If you put a plate behind the pedal, then the clutch will never fully disengage, and that will cause premateure wear of the clutch and the transmission too! I wouldn't do it if i were you....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts