Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the clutch replaced in my car to find out i also had a bad master cylinder. That was replaced then the spring to the pedal broke. All of this is brand new, i have pedal. I have fluid moving in n out but cannot get into gear. Does this mean i got a bed pressure plate in my kit or could it possibly b a flywheel issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the pressure feels normal. It just wont go in gear. Im wondering if maybe the flywheel doesnt have the right distance between it n the motor. Could that b a problem or is it a bad plate?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

The most common problem after replacing those parts is NOT to have the bleeding complete, leading to difficulty disengaging the clutch.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Most success stories involve pressure bleeding from the slave cylinder up through the reservoir. An inexpensive hand pump is used to force fluid into the bleed screw and up the line to the reservoir. That pushes the air out from bottom to top. People bleeding by pumping the pedal and letting fluid and air out the bottom have a hell of a time trying to get all the air out.

Toby

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yea it really depends, my clutch bled fine with the old fashioned way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts