Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i let the clutch go and it doesnt hit the friction point until its almost fully let go. every other gear 2-6 is fine. stalling all the time unless i time it perfectly. i used to have a 98 mustang gt maybe its just i'm not used to the clutch on the fsvt yet? anybody else having/had this problem?[thumbd] [rant]

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think you need to go into some more detail.
1. How far down until you can manuever through gears?
2. Is it hard to get in gear, or certain gears?
3. Does the car ever want to move while you have it in gear but the clutch to the floor?
4. Does it rev high before you get moving?

Check your fluid and shift cables to start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all other gears i can shift into fine depress the clutch normally and i can shift with no problem the problem is getting the car to start rolling in first. what im trying to say is that the clutch is almost fully let go before the car will start moving in first. shifting in to second is alot easier almost like the friction point on the clutch has changed from first to second

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Clutch is probably done if you have a hard time getting it to move in 1st. If it's still the factory clutch then it's probably time for a new one.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Do your rpms go up when you go WOT and the car won't accel as fast?

If so clutch is shot.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If it is for sure the clutch it should be more noticable in high gears i.e. 5th and 6th you will hear more acceleration from the engine before the car catches up.... If anyone thinks different than taht feel free to correct me....

Andrew

·
Registered
457 Posts
...as others said, listen for "slippage" in other words, drive straight and watch your tachometer...when driving if you notice it ever jumps quickly, like your in 3rd lets say, and your driving down the rode at about 2800rpms, if it drastically rises to 3800rpms and you didnt press on the gas then your clutch is slipping which means that it is almost worn out...

btw if you see this take it to a shop right away, i didnt realize what it was doing when mine did that for the first time, and i had to get towed to the dealer...do your self a favor and plan in advance...your going to have to get a new clutch as some point, why wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for everyone's input! i appreciate it. the dealer i bought it from is replacing it for free so hopefully thats the end of it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
lucky ur still under warrenty!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
im surprised they are replacing it for free. ususally wear items are not covered or sold as is... wish dealers around here were like that

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ya me too. They told me that i had to replace the flywheel along with the clutch cause they old flywheel was discontinued for mine and they redesigned it. I had the same problem. Hard to get out of first and than it was fine. If you wait longer you will see. Just take it in now....i had to get mine towed too!

·
Registered
457 Posts
when i went in for a new clutch, i went to the lift and checked out my flywheel and it was soo effed up...the friction pad on my clutch was basically non existent and my flywheel had a bluish tint on it...like it had been burned!

maybe thats normal idk but they said it was effed up...plus i got a centerforce clutch and fidanza flywheel so basically ruled out factory stuff!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem with my SVT. Luckily, I brought it back to the dealership because I knew something wasn't right. They ended up replacing the WHOLE TRANSMISSION! Believe it or not :D I was happy!

·
Registered
385 Posts
ya... dealer or ford wouldnt pay for mine. My flywheel was all screwed up too. no clutch pads on the plates or anything. And the flywheel was their misdesign. they even told me that. but they wont pay for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts