Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch went out yesterday and just payed 875 to have a new one plus flywheel put in my svt only has 81k miles just wondering how many miles where on your clutch went out

·
FUBARCUS
7,769 Posts
I know two guys with over 200k on their stock clutches and one of them autox's a lot with his car.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have 88k on my 2004 and the clutch is going to need to be replaced very soon.

·
Browser
2,497 Posts
Im at almost 131k but was quoted nearly $1500 by the dealer to have it replaced....lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
I have 88k on my 2004 and the clutch is going to need to be replaced very soon.
Check CFM & Fwerks for chutch kits & also grab a throw out bearing too. You might want to replace your dual mass flywheel w/ a one piece flywheel kit. The 2 kinds of clutch kits don't interchange either.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Check CFM & Fwerks for chutch kits & also grab a throw out bearing too. You might want to replace your dual mass flywheel w/ a one piece flywheel kit. The 2 kinds of clutch kits don't interchange either.
Yeah thats the plan once i get it fixed. I was rear ended last year and the insurance company "totaled it" Drives fine no frame damage just gotta get the body pulled. then the clutch will be replaced.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Yeah thats the plan once i get it fixed. I was rear ended last year and the insurance company "totaled it" Drives fine no frame damage just gotta get the body pulled. then the clutch will be replaced.
That sounds awesomwe that your repairing your car. Body labor is cheap compared to service work.[thumb]

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
My MTX75 ess'd the bed at 60,000mi... stupid abuse an no maintenance was the cause. Replaced with the MT285, stageIII clutch kit and fidanza flywheel; great upgrade and now I'm maintenance-crazed!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That sounds awesomwe that your repairing your car. Body labor is cheap compared to service work.[thumb]
My buddies grandfather owns a body shop so i ripped everything off unless it was wielded on and we are gonna pull it out in august. Sorry for high jacking thread.

·
Registered
566 Posts
In my old Svt the clutch went out around 96k and I babied that thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
120,000 but knew it was ready at 110 so took it steady till i had time to do it (didnt want to score the flywheel) was still going strong at 168,000 when i sold it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts