Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No joke, i was goin back to school from lunch, and i went to put it into third gear and it just wouldnt go, immediatly i thought "not again" since if any of you remember this happened three days after i bought my car, and that time they had it for almost a month before i got it back, this time was different tho. That time it wouldnt even shift into the gears...now it shifts smoothly into gear....and i dont even have to push in the clutch.....it jst won't drive all it does is sit there and rev....i've only had it for a little over a month if that.....this is really starting get on my nerves, i'm in anahiem at skool waiting for the place that fixed it last time to call me back so that they can come pick it up....wata day.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
man dat sucks ballz. dats wat happens wen u mess around with the batmobile too much. ha ha.

naw im just messing with u man. hope ur car turns out ok.

·
Registered
810 Posts
that sucks mang.. i feel my clutch starting to slip also.. wat sucks tho is that i bought the $3,000 warranty for my car and the clutch isnt covered.. laame.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man dat sucks ballz. dats wat happens wen u mess around with the batmobile too much. ha ha.

naw im just messing with u man. hope ur car turns out ok.
lol such a G, and this wouldnt have happened if i had a saleen.....

that sucks mang.. i feel my clutch starting to slip also.. wat sucks tho is that i bought the $3,000 warranty for my car and the clutch isnt covered.. laame.
Tell me why i did the EXACT SAME THING, and the first time that it went out i had to come out of pocket 1300 because the dealership went halves with me

man that sux dude hope everything work out and they get it running
Thanks i appreciate that

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got off the phone with the mechanics and they said my clutch was completly destroyed just like it was the first time

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Completely destroyed!! damn. Is this your first time driving a standard shift car? Hell I think you got Josh beat for clutches now [:p] hopefully you get this situated and it won't cost you though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah dats true. ha ha.
naw im just messing with u again. dont worry ill get u the info for dat SVT i told u about.
lol fa sho thnx again

Completely destroyed!! damn. Is this your first time driving a standard shift car? Hell I think you got Josh beat for clutches now [:p] hopefully you get this situated and it won't cost you though.
yea it is but i dnt ride my clutch, if anything i blame the 14 and the 5, at times im constantly shifting into and out of 2nd gear and its makin my car run real hot even at low rpms but theres nothin i can do about it till i move to anahiem...lol really? sorry Josh i think im gonna keep this title too, u kno wat they say 3rd time is the charm....o yea and they said that it wasn't their fault so their not gonna cover it so i think i'll jst save up, buy a clutch (and maybe another one J.I.C.) and get someone else to put it in for me...cuz i dont trust them anymore...[paranoid]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Tell them you contacted your lawyer about. 2 clutches in one month doesn't sound right... Especially with normal driving in normal conditions. How many miles have you put on it?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Tell them you contacted your lawyer about. 2 clutches in one month doesn't sound right... Especially with normal driving in normal conditions. How many miles have you put on it?
I dont think he kept it under 3k rpms for the first 500 miles thats prolly why it exploded.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like pumkin said i didnt break it in right, but i also did put almost 4k on it....a grand a week because of school, had it for 3, add the azusa run and other drives, i was pushin 4k...and its not like i go out redlining lookin for a race, i'm a get in the car pool lane and cruise kinda guy, if theres traffic then take watever means are neccesary to get free, but i dont redline....wish i woulda known about breaking in the clutch though.....

I dont think he kept it under 3k rpms for the first 500 miles thats prolly why it exploded.
yea, now that i know that though ill be sure to keep it low, i think my shift light has been goin on at 3k too, so i shoulda been payin attention to that....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts