Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a drive through when my clutch pedal stopped having pressure car was running just fine tried limping home by switching gears matching rpms and eventually my car started to lurch even tho rpms were staying steady and then eventually the car died. It wont start and im unsure where to start a bad clutch would still allow the car to start in neutral. What could i have messed up that would stop the car from starting?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
What engine? If a Zetec/SVT, check the crank position sensor. It's mounted on the block under the header/near the PCV oil separator. If the clutch failed spectacularly and damages the flywheel, the sensor gap is so small that any deflection in the flywheel can wipe the sensor causing the engine to stall and a no start.

Does it crank and just not fire?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it to fire up and found that the clutch hydraulic line with the bleader valve busted but I cant find the part anywhere any tips or advice

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I got it to fire up and found that the clutch hydraulic line with the bleader valve busted but I cant find the part anywhere any tips or advice
Where exactly did it break? Can you share a pic? One part is the line that goes to the master cylinder, one part is the slave cylinder which requires removal of the transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts