Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 2015 model year, my build date late December 2014, has the 5yr 60K warranty on the clutch packs & seals?
I'm sure the info is out on the site somewhere but can only find ref's to a 14M01 'sticky' for clutch packs & seals.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So the 2015 model year, my build date late December 2014, has the 5yr 60K warranty on the clutch packs & seals?
I'm sure the info is out on the site somewhere but can only find ref's to a 14M01 'sticky' for clutch packs & seals.
That's the original powertrain warranty. For 2015 MY and above its the TCM extended warranty that applies. It's like 100k miles

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You are correct. I was correcting my statement as you were posting.
Correction, it is 14M02 but it's supplement #3. It covers all the way up to 2016 if I'm not mistaken and up to 150,000 miles. :)

I mean it's a good thing because from what I experienced in my 2015, when the TCM starts acting up it starts forcing the transmission to do things that could damage it mechanically. It's a software/electronic failure that leads to an eventual clutch/mechanical transmission failure
Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
AFAIK the 14M02 TCM extension has not been modified from the original that covered through 2015.

If anyone has proof to the contrary, it would be great to have it posted in that stickie so we could add it as an edit to the original post of that thread.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
14M02 ? Transmission Control Module Extended Warranty Coverage ? 2011-2015 Ford Fiesta & 2012-2016 Focus | ford.oemdtc.com

February 7, 2017

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 14M02 – Supplement #3
Certain 2011 through 2015 Model Year Fiesta and 2012 through 2016 Model Year
Focus Vehicles Equipped with a DPS6 Automatic Transmission
Transmission Control Module Extended Warranty Coverage

New! REASON FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT

To include additional Focus vehicles in the program population.

PROGRAM TERMS

Ford is extending the warranty coverage on the DPS6 Automatic Transmission Control Module (TCM) to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage will address intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or the mileage limits, this coverage will last through June 30, 2017. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

Covers Build dates - August 1, 2010 through November 5, 2015
MY2016 start of production was September, 07, 2015. So anyone with a 2016 model build date between Sept.07 - Nov.05 2015 is covered by this revised coverage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since Ford has increased the automatic clutch warranty to 7 years or 100K miles, my question is this: My clutch has been replaced twice, once at 15K miles, and again at 45K miles. Does this warranty extension take effect from the original date of purchase, or from the date of the last clutch replacement?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since Ford has increased the automatic clutch warranty to 7 years or 100K miles, my question is this: My clutch has been replaced twice, once at 15K miles, and again at 45K miles. Does this warranty extension take effect from the original date of purchase, or from the date of the last clutch replacement?
It's from the original date of purchase, not last clutch replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts