Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up this car with 58K. Car seems fine overall but I believe it has the clutch/tranny issue. It makes the noise at idle but goes away when I push in the clutch. No slipping detected though. Dealer does have a 30 day warranty on driveline but they are leaning towards not covering it. What would this cost out of pocket?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
around 1100-1200 most likely. it's a "7" hour job, average labor rate is about 85/hr = 595, figure 400 for the flywheel, and 150 for clutch disc/pressure plate

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
With 43k on my car I seriously doubt I'll be able to get mine covered, the problem didnt even begin to surface until 40k. I'm trying to decide how long to put it off...

·
Registered
831 Posts
If its got the noise bring in the TSB papers, that are on the site and get the stuff replaced. The worst they can say is no and you can say I dont want this car its broken :) THEY SOLD ME A BROKEN CAR!!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Rick, check your Pm's my friend. if you send me your vin# and mileage, i can run it to see if its covered under the powertrain warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts