Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Clutch Will not move..
No Matter How hard i Push Down It Does not Move!

When I Push the button that the clutch hits to turn on the car it turns on I'm Able to shift in to all the gears like it was off.

I was Driving and the car just turned off. Pulled it in a parking lot and it's just sitting there

2004 Ford Focus Zx3
2.3 DURATEC

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what does that mean how do i go about fixing that.. and how much ?

When i turn on the car the engine sounds normal 100%

just a note

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
If there was a bubble in the line the pedal would drop to the floor with little resistance...if the pedal isn't moving its an indication that the line has been blocked somehow or that one of the two cylinders in the system is frozen/jammed. You should start by backtracking the line that runs between the master cylinder and the slave cylinder...if its kinked or pinched between something that could cause what you're describing. If the line is OK I'd move to one of the cylinders...you could try cracking the bleeder on the slave cylinder (on the front of the bellhousing at about the 10 o'clock position) and see if the pedal will move, be warned; if it does this will squirt brake fluid everywhere so you might want to have a hose attached to the bleeder to catch it, also, it could result in you needing to bleed the system if it sucks air in. Anyways, if you crack it and the pedal moves it would indicate that the slave cylinder is frozen or jammed somehow, if it doesn't the problem lies with the master cylinder.

Are you still in warranty? If so I'd suggest taking it to the dealer and let them deal with it...if its the slave cylinder you have to remove the transmission to replace it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no warranty.. Guess I have to get it towed to a shop.. Once again..
Any idea what may have caused this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts