Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just spent a butt load of money and had a ford dealer put a new clutch and flywheel on my svt. Took them two freakin weeks, they kept getting the wrong parts etc... So I finally got it back today and was so excited. Took off in first and seemed fine. Put it in second and went to accelerate and it started f....n slipping. I was pissed! Thought maybe it was the tps, I had a new one sitting around. I threw that on and it still slips. This is the exact same thing it was doing before I had the new clutch put on. My oem clutch had 140,000 on it, so I figured it was about time. I of course am bringing back up there tomorrow, but thought maybe I could get some suggestions and also share my horror story.[:(!]

·
Registered
897 Posts
try pulling the ebrake at a stop and see if it catches. If its stalls then your good. Also try driving at a cruising speed in 2nd then drop it to 4th and see what happens. You can also try going up at hill and that should load up the engine.

After doing my motor swap i thought i had a slipping clutch and it turned out to be 2 fouled spark plugs from the blown head gasket. Its odd that the clutch would slip since its brand new. But dont assume the worst just yet

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is it that 32 people viewed this post and one person replied(thank you brandnew161 by the way)? Nobody has any suggestions? Has anyone had similar issues? Could it be the clutch positioning sensor? The dealer is going to tear it apart again. The tech thought it was probably the throw out bearing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It wouldn't be the clutch position sensor. That sensor is just there to tell the PCM if the clutch is in or out. It doesn't have anything to do with how the clutch is applied. It has to be something mechanical. Either the Tech didn't put something together right, or there is a faulty part. I would go with a error on the Technician, it's very rare to get a faulty part.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The SVT clutches seem to have quite a bit of people having issues with people not installing them correctly. I would guess that the clutch wasn't installed correctly. Hopefully they replaced the slave cylinder too, the tech might have not bleed all the air out, ford rangers are notories for this becasue they have no bleeder screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts