Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my clutch is going hay wire on me...when i put it in first gear and slowly let it out...my clutch is slipping like mad...should i go to the dealership and make them replace the clutch cylinder since i think its leaking on the clutch...i heard there might be a recall for this?

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
there is a TSB you might ask them to check if they have not already TSB# 06-23-1. But don't see a recall

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
when you do this... does it sound like the clutch is chattering? and then goes away when its warmed up alittle?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
There is a TSB out there for a problem with the clutch like this. It describes it as the friction material on the clutch disc separating from its backing plate. Basically destroying it. Kinda sounds like what you are dealing with. It would chatter like crazy while being engaged and slip a lot until the pressure plate pushed hard enough to join the peices again.

When in second gear around 4000 RPM or so, when you floor it does it slip like crazy? Meaning do the RPMS rise without the car speeding up like it should?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a TSB out there for a problem with the clutch like this. It describes it as the friction material on the clutch disc separating from its backing plate. Basically destroying it. Kinda sounds like what you are dealing with. It would chatter like crazy while being engaged and slip a lot until the pressure plate pushed hard enough to join the peices again.

When in second gear around 4000 RPM or so, when you floor it does it slip like crazy? Meaning do the RPMS rise without the car speeding up like it should?
no the rmps do not rise...but its only when im in first and i starting to go...sometimes it does it when the car is warm...it all depends it comes and goes

·
Registered
401 Posts
this same exact thing is happening to me! i told my ford dealer and he literally said he couldn't do anything for me. I'm now at 45k and out of warranty so i don't even think i should attempt a different dealer. I will probably end up just buying an exedy. But if its anything like my it actually feels as if the pedal is pulsing up and down violently, almost like abs on your brakes? kind of a hard thing to explain. But it happens sometimes no matter what RPM and temp. doesnt seem to matter.

·
Registered
401 Posts
and i just realized we live kind of close! maybe its a PA thing. your only maybe 2 hours away.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Honestly this is one of those scenarios when it could be a myriad of things and the only way to know for sure would be to tear into the transmission to see. Could be a problem with the throwout bearing sticking, problems with the pressure plate, clutch disc, slave cylinder etc. Lots of stuff in there to go wrong.

·
Registered
506 Posts
no its not just a PA thing , ive had intermittent clutch issue pop up an disappear , my dealer claims there are no TSB's for any 05-07 ..... i threw the tsb #'s at him an he looked like he stared to sweat an then said he didnt know what those numbers ment. my warranty was up loong ago but it did this ever since i bought the car an they wanted a $500 non refundable deposit to tear it down to look at if it indeed turned out to be a warenty issue they'd replace the parts as needed under warranty an i'd get 25% of my deposit back. but everytime i took my car in there they screwed up an broke something an then zip tied it an claimed not there fault..... [rant] my dealer near me can get [boxface] out. i'd put a clutch in my self but i dont have the loot to buy a good one right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts