Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find the part # or where I can by the Clutch Return spring.

The fordparts.com site appears to show part # 7523

But I cant get enough of a part # to call up the local dealership to give them this part #. Anyone have the full Motorcraft part # for this part?

Or know of another part # that works?

Edit: more searing looks like 5S4Z-7523-A?

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just hate always having him looks stuff up and the not buying stuff from him. Especially the small parts that cost just as much if not more to ship. I can get the same discount at my local dealership parts counter as what Steve shows on his website. So hate making him do the work when he won't b. Get my business on these small items.

Can anyone on the forum confirm the part #?

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I am afraid of... We just got 1 foot of snow...

·
Registered
15,764 Posts
I've bought Ace Hardware springs before to avoid an overpriced OEM part. Depends on if they have the configuration and spring load needed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The clutch should still work without the spring; seems the spring is there to make sure the clutch pedal comes ALL the way back up. I think mine has been missing all 3 years I've had the car. I lift the pedal with my foot every couple shifts to keep it up and make sure cruise control will work when I want it.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Mine got replaced with a brake spring from the junk drawer....

Right length and about the right tension, just have to find something like that.

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well ordered my spring. Not badly priced from the dealership @ $16 after tax. Wanted to have one with the right spring rate and location of the hooks. Going to get it on Tuesday.

Now to hope I can install it easily with out taking the whole pedal assembly apart.

Dealership was also able to confirm that the part number i had is the correct part # .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts