Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my clutch replaced because of the leaking transmission seal. I was told that it would take up to 1,000 miles to break in. I now have 1,600 miles on it since the clutch replacement and it is still making a grinding sound. I was told the grinding sound is normal at about 2MPH but this is at about 40MPH and 2,000RPMs. I tried to figure out what gear this is happening at but can't seem to count them right. It happens during acceleration and decceleration. I am taking the car back to the dealer in a few days to have the shop foreman take it for a test drive with me. Anyone know what could be causing this grinding noise? And how persistent should I be about getting them to fix it?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII problems section (Engine & trans swap area it won't get much attention)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I recently had my clutch replaced because of the leaking transmission seal. I was told that it would take up to 1,000 miles to break in. I now have 1,600 miles on it since the clutch replacement and it is still making a grinding sound. I was told the grinding sound is normal at about 2MPH but this is at about 40MPH and 2,000RPMs. I tried to figure out what gear this is happening at but can't seem to count them right. It happens during acceleration and decceleration. I am taking the car back to the dealer in a few days to have the shop foreman take it for a test drive with me. Anyone know what could be causing this grinding noise? And how persistent should I be about getting them to fix it?
Welcome, vlaldj78!

Returning to your dealer is a great first step. Let me know when you do, along with your mileage, and I'll see how I can best assist.

Meagan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts