Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm not the best with transmissions or clutches at all. So maybe you guys can help, but anyways I have about 25,000 on my trans right now. When I bought the car a year ago it had 6,000 miles on it and they did a tsb on the throw out, flywheel and supposobly a re-inforced clutch. Anyways I have noticed that the pedal is getting harder significantly quick. Also the damn pedal keeps getting higher by the day it feels. So for me changing gears is taking longer because the damn pedal lets out towards the top or 3/4 of the way up. It's not slipping yet or anything, it's just that I used to be smooth with it now in between gears I slip a little because I'm not used to the pedal being as high. Now I don't know if that is just was clutches do as they wear or what because I have never owned a stick this long, but if you guys could give me some input that would be great!! Oh yea I have an SVT 03'

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Check and seeif you are loosing hydraulic fluid for the clutch slave cylinder. It may be that, it will sometimes make the floor wet under the clutch pedal as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I checked for that already. It's dry as a bone. I checked all my shifter linkages as well and they were good. It's just pretty much driving like Sh** from the shifting point of view. I mean what causes the clutch to come up high like that anyways the clutch being bad or the throwout bearing??

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I don't think this is anything hydraulic. Hydraulic maladies always make the pedal catch lower to the floor, not higher. So you can expect to find a problem with the clutch disk or the pressure plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts