Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to, I dont know the correct terms, but.. say tighten it up? On our 09 focus, its a nice firm push, and you can really feel when its all the way in. On my 06, Ive now popped it in or out of gears numerous times. The clutch is like, not firm at all, and when you think its all the way in, its not and it will grind the gear. I find it very annoying. Is there anything that I can do to make it more firm like the 09? -Dennis

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Might try bleeding the clutch.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How hard is that?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
hard

you could hook up a tight spring to it lol

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
From this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163836

This is specifically for manual bleeding.
I'm sure it's easier with a tool, but I've personally never used one or felt I needed one.

Bleeding the brakes and clutch:
Keep the brake fluid level above the MIN line on the reservoir. If the level falls below the MIN you must start over.
I used Prestone synthetic brake fluid. You'll only need the small bottle unless you're fully flushing the system.
Start at the bleeder furthest from the master cylinder.
For manual bleeding:
Have a friend come over. I have found this works best with an 8-month pregnant wife.
Your friend will pump the brake pedal until stiff and hold pressure on it.
Open the bleeder valve just enough to allow fluid/air to escape.
When the brake pedal reaches the floor, your friend must immediately tell you and you must immediately close the bleeder valve.
Repeat this pump-hold-bleed-floor-close process until no air comes out of the valve.
Repeat for each valve.
To avoid a mess attach a rubber hose to the bleeder nipple. Brake fluid will remove paint, so avoid a mess if you have painted calipers etc.

Bleeding clutch:
Your slave cylinder line probably has a lot of air in it after replacing the clutch.
Expect this to take a while. You'll feel as if you are making no progress, and your wife/friend will make that clear.
Repeat the pump-hold-bleed-floor-close procedure for the clutch pedal.
For many times, the clutch pedal will not get stiff at all, but still hold it to the floor and release air from the bleeder valve.
Repeat until the fluid runs clear and no air is left in the line.
If you went with the Exedy stage 2 like I did, expect it to be much stiffer than stock.
It will be stiff at the top, and then push in quickly towards the middle of the travel.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
btw, moving you to technical since this has nothing to do with duratec performance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts