Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal,
if i down shift or im reving low and try to go WOT it feels like my gears take a whole minute to actually catch, sorta like my clutch is slipping..... If i launch or run the gears in high rpms my shifting is fine and strong. So my question is: is it time for a new clutch? and if i change the clutch and stay oem do i really need to change out my flywheel too? I know resurfacing the flywheel is only to remove hotspots.....so what are my alternatives before i just a get a new clutch? any help is appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Resurfacing is not only removing hot spots but also putting a nice flat surface on it aswell. Trust me, I replaced just my clutch once without machining or getting a new face and my clutch wouldn't fully disengage sometimes because the surface was warped or uneven. With the old clutch it was fine as they wore together but with the new it was awful. I ended up having to drop the tranny again and get a new surface for mine.

If you can launch the car without it slipping then I'm leaning away from your actual clutch being worn out.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Do you get any loss of power or bog while driving? I was having the same problem during the last week and after cleaning out my TB, MAF, AF, and spark plugs; the problem didn't go away. So I just replaced my TPS(Throttle position sensor) and it solved all my problems including the rev hangs and rough idle. $37 fix [:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts