Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been told i need to replace my clutch soon. that was a month ago. tonight i left my girlfriends house and i am freaking out. i use my car for my job so i cant be out a car. when i accelerate the engine revs higher and i know for a fact that my car should be going faster then i shift to second and it revs louder then calms down to match my speed. same thing through all gears. i have an spi anyone help me out? i have had my fuel pump fuel sensor motor mount water pump replaced just to help with a decision....if its the clutch can you paste a link to buy one for a good price...

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's either the clutch slipping of the trans.
Get it checked out as soon as you can...

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Yea it sounds like the clutch to me also, how many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
95 Posts
yea it does sound like the clutch but i dont think milage is going to matter if you burn the clutch out. you do that in days.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well you can determine if its premature ware by the milage. There might be other issues involved if its going out to soon, the rest of the tranny might be causing it to happen you just cant tell.

·
Registered
95 Posts
True very true. he should definately get it checked out though. if he does need a new clutch what is a good clutch to get. As because mine is need of attention.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well the only clutches available fot the IB5 tranny are sold by Mcnews Automotive last time I checked.

Other than that, stock.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car has 63k miles on it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does that clutch on mcnews work with the sohc spi? it says zetec

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well it looks like they may have stopped production. Try calling them and see if they have any left instock.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love my spi. i heard they last long long time. but findind stuff for them to last that long kind of sucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts