Focus Fanatics Forum banner

clutch problem? or something else

496 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  illusionsoflife
i have been told i need to replace my clutch soon. that was a month ago. tonight i left my girlfriends house and i am freaking out. i use my car for my job so i cant be out a car. when i accelerate the engine revs higher and i know for a fact that my car should be going faster then i shift to second and it revs louder then calms down to match my speed. same thing through all gears. i have an spi anyone help me out? i have had my fuel pump fuel sensor motor mount water pump replaced just to help with a decision....if its the clutch can you paste a link to buy one for a good price...
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
It's either the clutch slipping of the trans.
Get it checked out as soon as you can...

· FF Cleaning Squad
12,833 Posts
Well you can determine if its premature ware by the milage. There might be other issues involved if its going out to soon, the rest of the tranny might be causing it to happen you just cant tell.

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i love my spi. i heard they last long long time. but findind stuff for them to last that long kind of sucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.