Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving for San Diego in an hour, so I really don't have time for a search and don't worry we're taking my wifes Jeep [;)], but there is fluid leaking from the top of my clutch pedal.

Started happening about a week or two ago and just thought the wet spot on the carpet was from rain or coffee spill or something. Didn't really take the time to look at it and then the rubber on the pedal felt loose, so I looked and theres a clear/slight brownish fluid coming out.

Anyone know what it is??? Could it be hydrolic fluid??? What do I need to do to fix it???

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
95%+ probability that your clutch master cylinder is leaking needs to be replaced. It has a common reservoir with the brake fluid, so you should fix it promptly, and monitor your brake fluid in the meantime for safety's sake. If you are going to drive it any distance, I would make sure I had some brake fluid with me, just in case the leak worsens suddenly.

P.S. brake fluid dissolves most rubbers and paint.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yep, cluth master cylinder. I have them for $43.45

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
mies doing the same right now but ihave the part. it'll be done this weekend.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man that blows...well the focus is at home in the garage while im in san diego. is it something i can do myself or should i take it to a shop??? MIKE: what is that shipped to 85326? thanks for the quick response all!!!

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt cause i need to know what to do soon...im teh newb when it comes to this sort of thing...lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
Its not too hard of a fix. I just did mine. The most difficulty was figuring out how to get the old one out. Other than that and needing someone to bleed the clutch and brakes it wasn't too bad of a fix.

Mouse

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
I just did mine a few weeks ago... it's a pain in the butt, but it's not too bad if you have help. It's better than spending 160-170 to a shop to do it. The hardest part is bleeding the clutch I'd say. If you need any pointers if you decide to do it yourself, lemme know I can try to help.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
i had to do mine a few weeks ago it not really that hard ,its just a pain in the a$$ to reach/get to some things and took a while to bleed the clutch

·
Registered
774 Posts
My clutch pedal started acting up with the same problem. Just found it today... pedal was slipping off... b16 - I will probably be contacting you shortly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts