Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Going To Orders A New Clutch And I Cant Decide On What Brand To Get. Should I Get A Clutch Masters Or A Spec. Also What Stage Should I Get? 1,2, Or 3. My Focus Is Pretty Much Stock. Just Have Bolt On's. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Well I vote clutchmasters, have had good luck so far and know many others that love theirs....

As far as stage it depends on your goals, if you plan on FI anytime soon get a stage 3 or stage 4, if you are staying NA stick with 1 or 2.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I have always had Spec and haven't had any issues. Currently running a Stg2 and love it, great drivability and holds great even with my supercharger.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are all stock and not adding many upgrades I would stay with a stage 1 or stage 2 if you are hard on it when driving. We have the Spec and Clutch Masters listed at http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/focusclutchfw.htm Both are quality setups and I would be happy with either one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i had a spec stage 2 and i went through it in like 7 months i dont know if it was a messed install or just crappy but i heard clutch masters is the way to go

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have always had Spec and haven't had any issues. Currently running a Stg2 and love it, great drivability and holds great even with my supercharger.
Is your clutch really heavy? I had a spec stage 2 and it was super duper heavy pressure. So heavy it blew out my original master cylinder after 1 autocross.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Is your clutch really heavy? I had a spec stage 2 and it was super duper heavy pressure. So heavy it blew out my original master cylinder after 1 autocross.
Wierd, mines not heavy at all? It was just a tad heavier than stock. Sounds like maybe you had some other issue. I'm on my second Spec clutch and I love them. I actually have a stg1 in my car and it holds fine even with my JRSC (granted they only make about 40wtq more than stock).

·
Registered
881 Posts
Wierd, mines not heavy at all? It was just a tad heavier than stock. Sounds like maybe you had some other issue.
Maybe they're just very tricky to install or something. In any case, replacing the MC did nothing to relieve the pressure.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
CM stage 4 here 20k miles at 300+whp ... still feels like new.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
im told CM. and of course as mentioned if you are going to do FI get stage 3+, im staying stock with bolt ons as well and am planning on getting CM stage 1

·
Registered
342 Posts
what ever you do dont go spec. if so you can plan on this

i have since gone to clutch master from karl at massive speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts