Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure what the deal is with my cluth at the clutch pedal im getting a puddle of brake fluid on my floor mat. i checked check i checked by the clutch pedal and saw it was coming from what appears to be the master cylinder. im a semi mechanic and not really familiar with the small none air transmissions? how hard is it to change and what am i looking at for a price. its in a 2003 SVT with about 97,000

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am about to replace mine also, here is the How To for the replacement...
LINK

·
Registered
191 Posts
the hardest part is the metal clips but needle nose pliers work. really easy job just get all the fluid from the res so u dont waste more

·
Registered
784 Posts
just got a puddle on my floor mat today, likes like ill be doing the CMC.

·
Registered
324 Posts
same here!!!!, huge puddle on my floormat

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ok, I just did this recently. The how-to is helpful, but I would also drop the lower trim panel. The hood release is held on w/ a nut and the OBD port can be popped out of its hole by nudging it past the little hook holding it in (a screwdriver inserted beside the little hook/tab works nice). I would remove the battery and battery box in the engine bay as well, since it makes bleeding the system much easier. The how to claims 1.5 hrs, but make sure you have 3-4 hours free, in case it takes you as long as it took me. I can't remember the price offhand, but the master cylinder is available thru the dealer and aftermarket parts stores. I don't think the price of the part was outrageously expensive or anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Replaced mine less than a month ago. PITA!

·
Registered
324 Posts
your right, seems to be an svt thing

·
Registered
324 Posts
anyone knows where i can order one for cheap????? please help!!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
actually a friend in town that i know has a few brand new, so i got lucky...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got mine though a local Ford dealer for about 60$ including tax i think. They usually have one in stock since it is a common thing to be replaced. The guy at the counter said the one I bought just came in and has sold three in the week prior. I was pretty sad that this is such a common problem yet it hasn't been made a recall by ford..tisk tisk..

·
Registered
387 Posts
i got mine put in for like 150 or so i tihnk thats the part and labor i had no clue how to do it nor felt comfortable doing it

·
Registered
324 Posts
im trying to get a price from hilbish because the guy who is selling me mine said he got it from there but he forgets how much he paid for it, so i gots to find out. lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
does anyone else know how much hilbish is selling them for?

·
Registered
788 Posts
not sure how much they're selling it for at hilbish but i'm sure mike could get you a good deal on it. Mike can be reached at 800-849-0233 ex. 32 in parts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
thanks man, rep!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts