Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keeping my brake/clutch fluid reservoir full, but anytime I fill it up to the full line, my clutch will leak for a bit and I will have to fill it back up eventually. Is this a common thing or should I just take it to a shop and get an estimate?

Also, this might seem like a lame question but I want to put in a CAI and the K&N kit I found complies with the california environmental laws. This is the correct one and is it as straight forward as it seems?
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=57-2559

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
First thing to do is see where the fluid is leaking.

Brake fluid normally doesn't need topping up between pad changes, since that fluid needs to be removed in order to install new pads. Any clutch system leakage should be traced, most often either at the master (drips inside) or the slave (drips out of the bellhousing).

·
Registered
457 Posts
That intake will work best for your car and will pass SMOG in Ca. The other filters will not unless you can find a used Cosworth.

The leaking brake fluid could be the master cylinder inside the car directly under the clutch pedal. Get a flashlight out and check there first. I just did this repair last week and it wasn't too bad. Parts are about $40 and it takes 2-3 hours. There are a couple good write ups in the how-to section that helped me out. I also might be willing to help if you need it, I'm just over the California border in Ashland.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a master cylinder where the valve inside was bad and it was seeping out, so the clutch would intermittently decide not to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts