Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving normally and went to downshift and there were suddenly no gears. The shifter moves in all directions like there is no space for the gears. can put it into any gear and move the shifter side to side with no resistance. clutch pedal still has pressure from what i can tell. was told the shift linkage may have snapped. need help asap

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Was driving normally and went to downshift and there were suddenly no gears. The shifter moves in all directions like there is no space for the gears. can put it into any gear and move the shifter side to side with no resistance. clutch pedal still has pressure from what i can tell. was told the shift linkage may have snapped. need help asap
Yeah your cable end just popped off of the stick bro. Lift that stick boot out of the way and have a look at where the cables meet your shifter base.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Ah! The other issue can be that the whole entire plastic shifter base has broken. When you lift the boot up out of the way, move the stick around and see if the base it is attached to is moving around, or if the base is perfectly fixed still and the cable end is just detached.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts